Carp Fair Update

Carp Fair_thumb[11]Thank-you so much for having your Carp Fair field trip permission forms signed and money sent in with your child so quickly. We are super-excited about our trip to the Fair on Friday. Here are just a few reminders:

We are telling students that at most, they may bring $6.00 dollars spending money with them on the trip. They are advised to bring a lunch and some snacks and possibly a water bottle with them as well. As I mentioned before, we will be leaving W.E.J at 10:15am and loading the buses from the fair at 2pm. If you have intentions of staying at the fair with your child or meeting them there to stay longer, please give the teacher a written statement explaining why your child isn’t coming home with us on the bus… simply for safety and accountability sake.

Thank-you to the parents who have volunteered to come with us to the Fair. So far we have 4 volunteers. (If others are interested in coming with us, please let me know by this Wednesday). We are so happy and appreciative that you can join us. Please remember that you are following the school bus in your own vehicle, but  if that is just not possible, we will accomodate you on a bus. I will write a note in your child’s agenda confirming that you are one of my volunteers (if you indicated an interest on your child’s permission form). Please meet me and your group in my classroom (Room 205) upstairs at 10:00am on Friday for brief instructions and to acquaint yourself with the children that will be in your care.

Some other things for parent volunteers to consider:

• Please have the children wash their hands before they eat and after they visit the animals.
  • Offer to take the students in your group to the bathroom at least twice while at the fair.
  • Meet us promptly at the buses when we unload, please…and also when we load to return to WEJ at 2pm.
  • Please make sure your group has a chance to go through the home safety exhibit put on by the firefighters.
  • Take the children to the education pavilion to see if their art entries won a prize.
  • Please limit the amount of candy the students purchase!
  • And…absolutely no rides are allowed as this is an educational field trip! Students are encouraged to return to the Fair on the weekend with their families if they want to go on the rides!

All parents should please dress your child on Friday according to the weather forecast.

Every year, grade 1 to 6 classes participate in the fair exhibition. This year, the grade 3s are drawing pictures of a farm (with a minimum of three animals) and making homemade birthday invitations. I am so pleased with how hard the students are working on these activities! We will soon be determining the top five from each category that will be judged at the fair.

Looking forward to Friday!

Mr. J.